Deja-vu

Deja-vu
Illustration Friday

Do you ever get that deja-vu feeling?

I do, daily.

Each day my son asks, "Can I go outside and play soccer?"

And I reply, "No, you can't go outside sweetheart, it's raining."

Usually this would be ok. I mean, what's the harm in playing a little soccer in the rain? However, we live in Queensland (usually referred to as the Sunshine State of Australia). And if you have watched the world news recently, you would have heard someone mention that a massive flood has pretty much taken out our entire state. In fact inner city Brisbane is going under right now!

Fortunately for us, we live on a hill.

Not so fortunate for those sleeping on rooftops tonight seeking rescue boats. I'm sure many Queenslanders who lived near inner city Brisbane in 1974 will be suffering from a very bad case of deja-vu.

My prayers are with all those families who have lost or are missing loved ones. The last couple of days have been absolutely horrific here in South East Queensland.