Belated Merry Christmas & Happy New Year





I was a little too busy leading up to Christmas to attend to my blog (and that would also include the 8 months leading up to Christmas, whoops), so belated Merry Christmas.

Above is an illustration of my daughter (who had been wearing reindeer antlers since November) and our new puppy (who would much rather be bouncing out of the picture with Santa's hat tightly secured between her teeth).

We're now onto our second day of 2016 here in Australia, so Happy New Year too.

Things have been very quiet here, illustration-wise, for the last 8 months, as I've had a few personal things to attend to, and I've been busy moving house and settling back into the leafy edges of Brisbane, near where I grew up. It's so lovely to be among the gum trees once again. Being surrounded by nature fuels my energy and inspiration, so I'm hoping 2016 will bring an abundance of creative zest my way.

I do have some exciting news to celebrate the New Year with however ~ my new website is now up and running, I've given this blog a well deserved facelift (after long neglect) and my third picture book is going to be released April this year!

New Website
amandafrancey.com.au


Comments

  1. Wow, this art is all so endearing, and I can't believe you've been blogging all this time and I just now found you! You've got to get plugged into some better marketing, at least hang a shingle on DeviantArt or start a Facebook group or something. Your work deserves a bigger audience. Or is the social web too annoying, LOL?

    Zack @ MyNetWire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your illustration of your daughter is delightful. How sweet that she wore reindeer antlers since November. I had the good fortune of seeing real reindeer around Christmas and they have formidable antlers indeed. I like the fact your daughter has one sock lower than the other. How very apt for a happy-go-lucky child. Happy 2016 to you too!

    Brenda @ Firs Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. A (very) belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! Still, I’m reliably informed that yesterday was the coldest day of the year so far in Brisbane, so ‘traditional’ Christmas scenes may not be so far away. Wonderful, characterful illustrations, by the way. Good luck with the new book.

    Edwin @ Clicks In Motion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment